Sunday, July 6, 2008

A big THANKS for everything

really really appreciate all those ( kf james ham +++) who have helped me pass my horrid week, although i'm sure more to come. iguess i'm just too easily pricked as i have mentioned bout my sensitivity in my previous blog. i mean... i hate it but i can't help it. just have to be strong and hold on. advice for myself...speak up for wad i really feel and be confident. cos my shyness is destroying me! i always wanted to just be myself, even in front of other ppl or ppl of higher authority. i wanna be all comfortable without being fake. i guess the traditional chinese character is too strong in me as i dun dare speak in front of seniors, even when i'm in the right. m i too nice? nah...i never believe one can be too nice or holy...haha. shouldn't procrastinate too much already cos i've been wasting too much time doing that. though my intentions r good and the words that r supposed to come out of me is constantly waiting, they end my coming out too late! sigh. time to show my true bubbly character and stop hiding my inner hapinness! dun ever let e quiet side of u engulf u!

ok...enough of thinking too much. now to start to rant bout my life. i got conned by the fruit stall near my house. my parents always bought fruits from them but i guess they dun recognise me cos it's the first time i'm buying from ther myself. ok...so here goes the story. i was walking back home and passed by the usual durian stall i always bought from. but i decided to buy from the one my parents frequently buys from. so i asked my usual ques in chinese,

me: how much is one packet?
uncle A: depending on how many u're buying.
me: ??? i mean how much is one packet?
uncle A: depending on how much u're buying lah!
(so i guessed when u buy in bulk, it's cheaper. being a rather frequent durian buyer, it's usually 3 for $20, so i said "i'll take 3", and he immediately told another stall holder in hokkien ...)
uncle A (to uncle B): eh, give him 3...ah 4 lah 4 lah. give him one free. student mah... and this packet of cherries too.)
uncle A: wad kind u ant huh? sweet or bitter ones? i give u 2 sweet 2 bitter lah hor. (and in a smaller unheard tone)... one for $30.
me: (i was so shocked when i heard e price!) er...i think just 2 enough lah.
uncle A: aiyah...nevermind lah. take 3 lah. all very good one...this batch. i give u another one packet free and this packet of cherries too lor.
(there was immediate packing of goods into platic bags before i could say anything. i kept saying i just wan 2 but uncle B ignored and just kept packing)
me (to uncle B): er, uncle ah, really dun wan lah, just two will do.
uncle B: (ignoring wad i just said) i give u 2 sweet 2 bitter...i give u more flesh one ah. uh...u see u see (and he showed me a 'more fleshy' packet of durian. despite my constant rejection of the other offers, as i emphasized i only wanted e 2 durian packets...)
uncle B: (he suddenly walked to the other side) eh, today's jackfruit very sweet, give u 2 packets for just $10 lah. half give half sell lah)
(ya right... sounded so nice. i was liked...er, i didn't even look at the jackfruits!)
me: uncle...er really really dun wan lah. at home got a lot of fruits already.... really dun wan. really dun wan!)
uncle B: aiyah just take lah. nah...altogether....$130.
(shocking right! i was like...wad?!?! fruits for $130?! did i hear correctly???)
me: wah so expensive ah? i dun have enough money leh. help me take out a few lah.
uncle B: we accept nets one leh.
me: i really dun have so much money.
uncle B: ya lah... can accept nets one.
me: i really dun have enough! dun have nets.(faked it)
uncle B: then how much u have now?
me : (i looked into my wallet) er...about $60. (dun know y i so honest)
uncle B (scratches his head and to uncle A): eh...he only got $60 leh.
uncle A: oh...can accept nets one leh!
me: i really dun have enough! i'm a student u know?!
uncle B: (sighs loudly and starts to unpack, taking out all the fleshy durians and constantly opening the packets to check that the 2 he was selling me were normal ones. he also removed wadeva uncle A wanted to give me. well, understandable lah. so he removed 2 of the more fleshy durian packets, the cherries, and the 2 jackfruit packets that i didn't even want in the first place. he placed back the 2 normal durian packets into a plastic bag and gave it to me one handed without looking at me and saying $60)
me:( i dug my wallet and counted the money while he kept eyeing my money. i had exactly $61, and that's all the cash in my wallet. so i gave him the whole stack. he said thank you in a ungrateful, unwilling tone without looking at me and just immediately turned to tend to other customers. i stood there waiting for my $1 change but he never came back. after some time, i decided not to wait already, thinking he would turn a blank face anyway. so i left and headed home. i know me not finding him to get back my change is dumb and my fault but forget it. i was in far too much pain having just given away all the cash in my wallet, just for durians. i have never bought such expensive durians before. no doubt they were good, after i tried them at home, yet the sight of my empty wallet upsets me.)

sigh... wad can i say. golden durians... haha.

No comments: